Steps in preparing to take your excitable dog for a walk
If like me, you suffer from an EC (excitable collie), who barks the house down when it is walkie time, try the following: (all true)
1. Take off your clothes and get into bed, pretend to be having a nap.
2. Wait till dog gets bored and leaves the room
3.Get up. Silently put clothes back on. Assemble keys, fags and all other essentials for going out.
4. Dog hears you and runs in with tail wagging. Tell him in no uncertain terms it's not walkie time.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 3.
6. Look in general direction of his lead
7. Dog runs in barking.
8. Repeat steps 1 to 3.
9. Give up. Run in direction of lead. Grab it. Dog barks like crazy.
10. Exit house. Walk to park. Realize have forgotten dog in the rush. Go back. Repeat steps 1 to 9.
Anyone else endure something similar?
(C. Alcock, Manchester)
Click the buttons below to toggle between issues
1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
20 | 21