A puppy died in agony after a gang of thugs as young as 12, tied a lit firework to its tail. Scottish animal welfare chiefs were horrified by the attack in which the 11 month boxer pup died from severe burns and shock.
Its ordeal ended only when a passer-by in Wishaw, Lanarkshire, intervened and called the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Animal Inspector Fiona Greig, who tried to help the injured dog said the incident, on the Gowkthrapple housing scheme, was horrific.
Her owners are too distraught to talk about the death of their pet. Ahead of Guy Fawkes celebrations tonight SSPCA officers warned the public to keep pets indoors and away from fireworks