New York, NY – Highlights from the April 2004 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as follows:
- The Board re-elected the AKC Executive Officers as follows:
Dennis B. Sprung, President/CEO
John J. Lyons, Chief Operating Officer
James P. Crowley, Executive Secretary
James T. Stevens, Chief Financial Officer
- The Glen of Imaal Terrier was approved for AKC registration as of July 1, 2004 and for competition in the Terrier Group as of October 1, 2004.
- Numerous amendments to the Obedience Regulations were adopted as recommended by the Obedience Advisory Committee and endorsed by the Delegate Obedience Clubs Committee. They are all listed in the minutes of the April 2004 meeting.
- The Board approved requirements for a National Amateur German Shorthaired Pointer Gun Dog Championship. These requirements are to be included as Chapter 14, Section 11 of the Pointing Breed Field Trial Rules, and will be read at the June 2004 Delegates meeting and voted in September 2004.
- The AKC stud book for the Anatolian Shepherd Dog is to be open for dogs in the stud book maintained by the Parent Club, effective June 1, 2004.