New York, NY – Highlights from the July 2004 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as follows:
- The Board determined to hold the June 13, 2005, Delegates Meeting in the Chicago, IL area.
- The Parson Russell Terrier breed standard revisions are effective September 29, 2004.
- The following are the dates for the AKC/Eukanuba National Championships:
Tampa, FL January 15-16, 2005
Tampa, FL January 14-15, 2006
Long Beach, CA December 2-3, 2006
Long Beach, CA December 1-2, 2007
- Effective October 1, 2004, Chapter 14, Section 4 of the Rules Applying to Dog Shows is interpreted by the AKC Board, regarding Junior information required for catalog publication, to be limited to the information required under Section 12 of the Junior Showmanship Regulations: the Junior Handler’s number, name, the dog’s name, registration number, date of birth, breeder, sire, dam, owner, breed, and number in regular breed classes if applicable.
- Effective September 1, 2004, the Board-approved policies governing the approval of judges will be used by an AKC Management Committee appointed by the President to make decisions on approving judges. The Board will not be involved in approving applications, although appeals will remain the responsibility of a committee of Board members. The procedures are included in the July, 2004 Board minutes.