New York, NY – Highlights from the May 2004 meeting of the AKC Board of Directors are as follows:
- The Board approved the eligibility of Swedish Vallhunds and Norwegian Buhunds to compete in Herding Tests and to participate in Herding Trials on an Exhibition Only Basis, effective September 1, 2004.
- A number of kennel names were retired as requested by the Samoyed Club of America. They included the following names that were not registered, and are thus being retired for Samoyeds only:
Drayalene (Helene Spathold)
Silver Moon (Bonita and Robert Bowles)
Snowland (Helen Harris)
White Way (Agnes Mason)
There was also one registered name, now retired from use in all breeds:
Parkcliff (Mildred Sheridan Davies)
- The Board approved the concept of exploring and developing an AKC Online Entry System.
- It was determined that AKC Board members and their household members may apply for breed judging approval on the same basis as other applicants. However, the Board will not be involved in their approval process, there is no appeal, and a Board member may not apply for more than eight breeds at one time.
- The following Delegates were approved: Ms. Linda H. Penney to represent the Taconic Hills Kennel Club, Inc.; Ms. Maria M. Sacco to represent the Parson Russell Terrier Association of America, Inc.; J. Charles Wilson to represent the Staffordshire Terrier Club of America.