Joanne Barker has hailed her Dobermann Jackson a hero after he raised the alarm to a potentially fatal fire that started in her home in Gronant, near Prestatyn.
Four-year-old Jackson, who has a Reserve CC and a KC Good Citizen Award to his name, began barking loudly from the kitchen when he recognised flames coming from the cooker as a sign of danger. Fortunately, his barks enabled Joanne to get her friend Margaret Shields, who is currently on crutches, and her other dog Noushka, out of the building and to safety.
Both women suffered from smoke inhalation but luckily, neither needed hospital treatment and there was only a small amount of damage to the kitchen.
Joanne told OUR DOGS, “Dobermanns only bark loudly for a reason and it was definitely a good one one in Jackson’s case. He is a real hero and I will reward him for what he has done.”