Five year suspension for breeder submitting incorrect litter registration forms
The Disciplinary Sub Committee met on Thursday to consider a complaint brought against Mr R Porter by the Kennel Club.
After considering the evidence presented the following statement was made:
The Committee having carefully considered the evidence, find that the complaint brought by the Kennel Club under Kennel Club Rule A42 a (1) (b) against Mr R Porter namely that he behaved discreditably or prejudicially to the interests of the canine world in that he submitted to the Kennel Club two Applications for Litter Registration (Form 1) which he knew to be incorrect, is upheld.
The Committee impose the following penalties:
1. To warn him as to his future conduct [A42 j (1)]
2.To censure him [A42 j (2)]
3.To fine him/ the sum of £500.00 [A42 j (3)]
4. To suspend him from exhibiting at, taking part in, attending and/or having any connection with any event licensed by the Club. If any person suspended or disqualified under this sub-paragraph shall attend any canine event whilst suspended or disqualified the General Committee shall have the power to increase the period of suspension and/or disqualification. [A42 j (4)]
5. To disqualify him from being or becoming a member of any canine club or society registered with or affiliated to the Kennel Club [A42 j (5)]
6. To suspend him from acting as an Officer or serving on the Committee of any canine society [A42 j (6)]
7. To disqualify him from taking part in the management of any event licensed by the Club [A42 j (7)]
8. To disqualify him from judging at any event licensed by the Club [A42 j (8)]
9. To disqualify from registration and/or competition any or all dogs and/or progeny of such dogs which are owned and/or registered by him (whether or not jointly owned and/or whether or not owned and/or registered in the name of a nominee) [A42j ( 9)]
The suspensions and disqual ifications are to be for a period of Five (5) years from 26 May 2005 The Committee, following the impositions of these penalties, would draw the attention of the Respondent/s to the effect of Rule A 42 sub-sections l and n.
As has been stated in the past, the Kennel Club relies upon the honesty and integrity of breeders when registering their dogs and takes very seriously any deliberate attempt to falsify Kennel Club records.
We have noted that Mr Porter has admitted falsifying applications for litter registrations. However, the Committee feels it has no alternative but to view the fact that there were two deliberate false applications for litter registration submitted and in keeping with the seriousness with which the Sub-Committee views these offences the above penalties have been imposed.