Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567
Man attacked by dogs and meat cleaver

A MAN had three fingers cut off and his left arm almost severed by a meat cleaver after rowing with two men about their dogs not being on leads.

The victim, aged 39, had remonstrated with the men for failing to control their animals after they started biting him.

The man was followed by the pair, who goaded the dogs into attacking him before slashing him with the cleaver.

The attack happened in Shepherds Bush, West London, on Tuesday last week. Police said his injuries were ‘horrific’.

The victim had been walking in Jeddo Road at about 8.30pm when the animals, a Great Dane and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, started biting his ankles.

When he shouted at the men to put them on leads, he was followed into nearby Kinnear Road, where the dogs were set on him.

One of the men produced a meat cleaver and slashed at him, causing deep wounds to his head, legs and arm.

The victim managed to get into the garden of a house and raise the alarm by tapping on a window, whilst the attackers fled.

The man’s attackers were described as both being black aged in their mid twenties.

After emergency surgery at a west London hospital the victim was described as being in a stable condition but had sustained deep head wounds. His left arm was almost severed at the elbow and there were several cleaver wounds to the backs of his legs leaving him with severe tendon damage to his legs and elbow.

He has had two fingers stitched back on but his little finger has been amputated.
Police officers arrested a man early last Saturday morning in connection with the attack, which is being treated as attempted murder.

Scotland Yard issued a statement that day saying: ‘Early this morning officers from the Hammersmith and Fulham Crime Operations Group attended an address in the Shepherds Bush area and arrested a 23-year-old man.

‘He was taken to a west London police station where he remains in custody.’