A ROTTWEILER had to be put down last week after being bitten by what is believed to be an adder, Britain's only native venomous snake. The 10 stone pet died later from severe organ failure
Another Rottweiler was also bitten and became ill but later recovered.
His owner Sharon Bott from Leics, said: "I didn't realise they had been bitten until we got home and their legs began to swell up." Dog trainer Sharon added: "My main concern is it's a kiddies' play park. If the poison can kill a 10-stone Rottweiler in less than 24 hours, what will it do to a child?"
Councillor Sharon Morris added: “We are treating this as a definite snake bite and have put up notices so all the residents.”