Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567
Pellet warning

Gardeners are being warned about the dangers of slug pellets after a dog was nearly poisoned to death.

Six month old Millie, a German Shepherd from Truro in Cornwall was rushed to the local vet after swallowing the pellets. Millie’s owner, Inga Coch said she did not use the pellets and thought the dog found them in a nearby hedge.

Staff at the veterinary surgery where Millie was treated said she was lucky to be alive.