A BULLMASTIFF who nearly choked to death has firefighters to thank for saving her life.
Tara was slowly being strangledon the end of a chain in a house in Ellesmere Port. Her owner was unable to free her and called the fire service. Ellesmere Port firefighter Claire Page said: “She had got herself wound round and round the chain in the house. We had to use the cutters we would normally use in a road traffic accident to cut through the chain. A couple of us held her head as the chain was cut and there was a bit of growling as she didn’t know what we were trying to do.”
Tare was soon freed and suffered and no long-term damage.