Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567

Akita lucky to be alive


AN AKITA who became trapped under a moving car on bonfire night has brought yet more calls for people to have a thought when it comes to fireworks.

Kamae is thought to have run onto a road in his hometown of Wrexham Wrexham after being frightened by fireworks. The 10-year-old animal was critically ill for 12 hours after being released from under a car by firefighters.

Rex Dutton, Kamae's owner, said he was ‘really relieved’ the dog has now been given the all clear by his vet. Mr Dutton said: ‘The fireworks must have really frightened Kamae to cause him to escape from our enclosed garden. In my experience, even big animals can be scared by these loud bangs. I would ask people to remember this and look at attending organised community displays rather than letting off their own fireworks.

Stuart Millington from the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service in Wrexham, said: "We are all glad that Kamae has made a full recovery’.