Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567

Stop Press

In aid of rescue
Carole Collier, a lady who volunteers for the NSBT rescue, has put together a book on rescued Staffords. All proceeds go to Northern Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue. go to

Attack dogs ‘legal’, say police

A KENNEL worker has suffered serious injuries after mauled by two ‘pit bull type’ dogs at a kennel. the Lancashire/Merseyside border.

The 24-year old is being treated for leg and feet injuries after the unprovoked attack at Richmond Hill Kennels in Mere Brow.

However, after initial investigations into the incident, a Lancashire Police spokesman has said that the dogs are not illegal breeds, but an American bulldog and mastiff cross breed, which are legal to own.

West Lancashire District Council has been informed.

Woman and dog die in house blast

A woman has died in an explosion at a three-bedoomed house in Twyning near Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. Emergency services were called to Nut Orchard Lane on Monday although the incident is thought to have happened on Sunday evening. The woman, who lived in the village, and is believed to have been in her 60s, died in the blast with a dog

Ferry arrested

HIGH PROFILE hunting campaigner Otis Ferry has been arrested after two women claimed he attacked them as they watched the end of a foxhunt.

Mr Ferry was taking part in the Heythrop Hunt when he is alleged to have grabbed a video camera from one of the women, who were monitoring the event from a car as the hunt finished in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. He is also alleged to have wrestled car keys from one of the women.

Mr Ferry, 25, the son of the Roxy Music singer Bryan and the master of the South Shropshire hunt, was arrested on 21 November and has been released on police bail until 8 January 2008.
Mr Ferry has said he would be ‘happy to die’ for his cause. He has had brushes with the law previously due to his love of hunting.

All eight were tried by magistrates at London’s Bow Street court in January 2005 and received an 18 month conditional discharge and were fined £350 each.