Shelter virus 'may be contained'
Several dogs have been infected and two puppies have died following an outbreak of the potentially fatal canine parvovirus.
Bath Cats and Dogs Home hoped to reopen this Tuesday after being temporarily shut by an outbreak of the disease, which saw several dogs infected, and two puppies dead, and a number of other animals have been treated.
The outbreak has meant the postponement of a fund-raising Christmas fair which was due to be held last weekend.
Manager Jackie Dalton said: "I think we've got to have seven clear days without [another dog] going down with it to enable us to reopen. Touch wood we haven't had anything else, so we're just keeping our fingers crossed at the moment."
The Christmas fair, together with a planned carol service, will be rescheduled.