Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567

Dogs die in kennel blast


THREE dogs died after fire broke at a kennels in Lancashire. Four others were injured in the blast in an outhouse at the house in Leigh. Three other dogs were saved from the blaze unharmed, but four had to be taken to Greater Manchester Animal Hospital in Eccles New Road, Salford for treatment. The three blaze victims had died from smoke inhalation. Investigators believe the blaze was started accidentally when a candle, used to provide light to check on the dogs, set fire to a bundle of papers in the kennel.