Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567

Dog poisoned on walk


A FAMILY pet dog was the victim of a suspected poisoning incident near Fochabers, Morayshire, in Scotland. The two-year-old crossbred bitch fell ill after possibly eating a bait after walking in woods at Orbliston, with poison which affects the nervous system. Grampian Police, appealing for information, said the dog had since made a full recovery.

Constable David MacKinnon, force wildlife crime officer for Grampian Police, told local media: ‘It is not uncommon for pets to be harmed or even killed by poison either deliberately placed in the open or as a result of picking up poison which has been placed for the control of rats or mice. ‘We are keeping an open mind with this enquiry but have not ruled out that the dog was targeted.’