Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567

Dog died after being left in car


THE OWNER of an Irish Setter dog who died from heatstroke after being left in a car for two hours has been banned from keeping dogs for a year.

Nigel Trueman of Wolverhampton, West Midlands, admitted to causing unneccesary suffering after leaving ‘Connor’ in the car while he chaired a meeting at Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire in July 2008.
The dog was later discovered collapsed and was taken to a nearby vet but, sadly, was dead on arrival.

Denbigh magistrates described the 45-year-old businessman’s act as ‘careless’ and ordered him to carry out 60 hours unpaid work and pay £500 costs.

Trueman’s defence solicitor claimed that his client had not deliberately disregarded the pet’s welfare and had in fact left a window open. Trueman believed the dog would be okay since it was an overcast day which he did not consider to be too warm.

The court heard that even if a window had been open and the dog had drunk the bowl of water left in the car by Trueman, it would probably still have suffered rapid dehydration.


Send your opinion of this story below
(All opinion is fully moderated. Your comment will be uploaded once it has been moderated.)



Name:
E-Mail: