· The Board approved Rally as a regular event with AKC titles, effective July 1, 2005. The Regulations and Guidelines for this competition are published in the minutes of the January 2004 Board meeting.
· The Black Russian Terrier and the Neapolitan Mastiff were both approved for AKC registration, effective May 1, 2004, and for competition in the Working Group, effective July 1, 2004.
· The application of four clubs for AKC membership were approved for a vote at the March 2004 AKC Delegate Meeting. They are the Lima Kennel Club (OH), The Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America, Otterhound Club of America, and Spinone Club of America.
· The revised Pekingese and Border Collie breed standards as published in the AKC Gazette were approved, effective March 2, 2004.
· The Board revised the Event Secretary fee structure. Rather than a scale of fees, event secretaries may do up to eight events in a calendar year with no fee. There will be a fee of $10 per event for any events over the eight in that calendar year.
· The following Delegates were approved: Ms. Jean Anderson to represent the Penn Treaty Kennel Club, Inc.; Ms. Donna Beckman to represent the Siberian Husky Club of America, Inc.; Ms. Connie S. Booker to represent the Bulldog Club of America, Inc.; Alvin Grossman, Ph.D. to represent the Sahuaro State Kennel Club; John C. McNabney to represent the Scottish Terrier Club of America; Clarence F. Vaughn to represent the Cairn Terrier Club of America, Inc.; Ms. Jan Wolf to represent the Hollywood Dog Obedience Club, Inc.
· One individual from Missouri was suspended for failure to comply with the rules and regulations for record keeping and identification. Seven individuals from Indiana and Missouri were suspended for refusal to make dogs and/or records available. Three individuals from Mississippi, North Carolina and Ohio were suspended for cruelty violations. Seven individuals from Arizona, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri and South Carolina were suspended for miscellaneous violations.