ACCORDING TO a recent survey conducted by The American Pet Products Manufacturers’ Association (APPMA), more and more American workplaces are adopting ‘pet friendly’ policies.
According to this national poll of working Americans 18 years of age and over, nearly one in five U.S. companies allows pets at work.
And a majority of those polled believe there are benefits to having pets at work, such as relieving stress, improving relationships with co-workers, making for a happier workforce and creating a happier work environment.
According to the survey:
* 55 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment
* 53 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases absenteeism
* 50 million believe having pets in the workplace helps co-workers get along
* 38 million believe having pets in the workplace creates a more productive work environment
* 32 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases smoking in the workplace
* 37 million believe having pets in the workplace helps improve the relationship between managers and their employees
* And 46 million people who bring their pets to the workplace work longer hours!