Adverts: 0161 709 4576 - Editorial: 0161 709 4571
Mail Order: 0161 709 4578 - Subs: 0161 709 4575 - Webteam: 0161 709 4567
Pup overdose horror

A FAMILY was left heartbroken when their Terrier cross puppy died after eating a block of cannabis.

It is thought that the drugs were tossed in to the owner's garden by youths who were running from the police. The dog was found by his owner foaming at the mouth, but their vet was unable to save him.

Scooby's owner, a 28-year-old woman from Castleford, West Yorkshire, told local newspapers of her horror at finding the ten month-old pup after he had eaten the drugs. She is currently consoling her young son after the loss of their family pet.