|Kennel Club Statement - 17th March
Statement on COVID-19 and Kennel Club events â€“ 17/03/2020
The safety and security of competitors, spectators, volunteers and staff at Kennel Club events is of paramount importance. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Kennel Club has taken the decision with regret to recommend strongly that Clubs and Societies cancel forthcoming events over the next three months, i.e. until the end of June.
This is based on advice issued by the Government yesterday, March 16, to restrict non-essential travel and contact, and in consideration of the many vulnerable groups who both attend and participate in Kennel Club events. In addition, the Kennel Club recommends that alternative arrangements are put in place regarding other activities such as meetings, seminars and training classes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
Totally the right decision. I am working towards JW with my bitch and I know that normally if a show is rescheduled within 12 weeks I could still count towards JW. With corona, woUld KC consider extending period within which shows have to be rescheduled to count.